TET Eligibility 2020: UPDATED Check Minimum Qualification Criteria to Apply to apply in TET written Examination For Paper I and Paper II. Check whether you can Apply for TET Exam or not.
First of all, the TET exam eligibility is very simple, candidates make it more complex. The Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) Minimum Eligibility Criteria is divided into two categories. One is the eligibility criteria for Paper 1(Lower Primary Teacher) another one Paper 2(Upper Primary Teacher). The Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage and Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage is described below.
TET Eligibility 2020
The following persons shall be eligible for appearing in the TET:
i. A person who has acquired the academic and professional qualifications specified in the NCTE Notification dated 23rd August 2010.
iii. The eligibility condition for appearing in TET may be relaxed in respect of a 3 State/UT which has been granted relaxation under sub-section (2) of section 23 of the RTE Act. The relaxation will be specified in the notification issued by the Central Government under that sub-section.
TET Exam Paper 1 Eligibility
Paper 1 is for Lower Primary Teacher for Class I to Class VI.
- 10+2 and passed or appearing (final year) of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 10+2 and passed or appearing (final year) of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- 10+2 and passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing in final year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.).
TET Exam Paper 2 Eligibility
Paper 2 is for Upper Primary Teacher for Class VI to Class VIII.
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing (final year) 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing in the final year of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.).
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education
- 10+2 and passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed.
- 10+2+3 and passed or appearing in the final year of B.Ed. (Special Education).
- 10+2= Higher Secondary or it is equivalent and 10+2+3= Graduation or it is equivalent.
- A person with D.Ed., (Special Education) or B.Ed or B.Ed (Special Education) from any NCTE recognized institution mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education after the appointment.
- For more details information go through the external link PDFs.
Official Notification and Revised Eligibility Criteria
|Gazette Notification dated 23rd August 2010.|
|Gazette Notification dated 29th July 2011.|
|Gazette Notification dated 12th November 2014.|
|Amended Gazette Notification dated 28th June 2018.|